Search Truly Claire

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Red, Stripes, and Blue

Wednesday, February 6, 2013










1. Modcloth, $42.99     2. Forever 21, $22.80     3. JcPenney, $35.00


Just so you know, I'm not exactly in love with this ensemble. It's missing something. I wished, wished, wished for a red "this or that" to top it off but there's just nothing in my closet to make it quite right. So I did a little online window shopping to at least fulfill the outfit fantasy in my head. Wouldn't one of theses darlings make it complete? I think the striped cardigan is my favorite since it's so versatile.


Sweater and Earrings, Forever21; Pants, delias; Flats, Soda; Bag, Express; Coin Necklace, thrift shop; Gold Necklace, Liz Claiborne
 Lip Color: Mega Last Lip Color "Stoplight Red, 911D" by wet n wild
Nail Color: "Haute Red" by Orly
Today's Weather: High 69º; Low 60º F. Foggy, breezy, rainy, dank, dull depressing.

I was feeling better and more productive and ready to check off a few errands on my to do list today than I had the two days before after having been struck by nasty bout of hayfever (the wind has been ripping around here something fierce and my car is decorated in pollen), but scheduling issues got in the way and I've only left the house to get groceries. So because I was just going to be bumming around the house working on projects I got dressed for comfort but still didn't want to be completely boring just in case plans changed again. I pulled out these faux suede button flats I've never worn and have had for maybe four years now... let's not talk about it... Okay, okay, fine. I had been waiting for just the right outfit: a capelet maybe with gold buttons down the front; although this isn't quite it, it's good enough. Finally wearing the shoes made me quite happy almost enough to not be bothered by my plans changing for the day.

Here's to all of you who have clothes, shoes, and accessories in your closet waiting for just the right time,

claire lynette



No comments:

Post a Comment