Search Truly Claire

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Strawberries? Yes!

Saturday, April 14, 2012





 

 

lips stained red from my first snow ball of the season

Tunic Dress, Morgan and Co., Ross Stores; Belt, taken from a skirt I no longer own; Sandals, Guess; Bag, Farmer's Market in New Orleans; Necklace, thrifted; Earrings, Forever21
Today's Weather: High 85; Low 67 degrees Fahrenheit. Sunny, clear, and bright.

I had to keep it easy today since Louisiana heat doesn't play nice and I was going to be out in it a good part of the day. An airy sundress, hair braided up and off my shoulders, and scads and scads of sunscreen was all I was willing to deal with. A simple bag to keep things easy and my hands free and I was set. That bracelet you see is a UV bracelet meant to warn me when I need to reapply sunscreen or need to get out of the sun. I haven't quite made my mind up about it yet.

Y'all, today I had so much fun. I guess I've just been really lucky to have two wonderful days in a row. But how could I not have a wonderful day going to a festival that celebrates my favorite fruit-non-fruit of all time? I had never been to the annual Louisiana Strawberry Festival in Ponchatoula, LA  before and I'm so glad I finally went. There were plenty of strawberry type things to be had: strawberry daiquiris, strawberry shortcakes, strawberry funnel cakes, strawberry lemonade, strawberry wine, strawberry soda, chocolate covered strawberries, fried strawberries...yes I said fried. As far as I know if it's a food we'll find a way to fry it here in the South. There were also rides, bands playing, carnival games, and of course local farmers selling that lovely little fruit. I bought up a pint of some delicious looking strawberries from that flat of them you see pictured at the top. Get a little taste of the festival after the jump!

Other than that, all for now,

claire lynette




I didn't eat any of this. Too heavy for a hot day I think, but this is just a taste of what was out there.

 
I tasted a little old fashioned strawberry soda which was very, very good indeed

I rode rides! Well one ride really because I have an irrational fear of things going horribly, horribly wrong on those things. That's me and a friend in the middle of the photo.


 
 I bought a little strawberry bread...

 
  ...and a little strawberry jam to go with it!

me being very hot and ready to go standing in front of the old fashioned soda fountain.

Just a really great day.



No comments:

Post a Comment