Search Truly Claire

Friday, September 13, 2013

Serious Business in Color

Friday, September 13, 2013
Green Wear to Work Outfit Lucy Paris

carved gold cuff

color for the office green blazer

military jacket style at work

Blazer, Lucy Paris; Blouse, H&M; Skirt, Have; Necklace and Earrings, Versona; Heels, Dani Black "Channing Pump"; Bracelet, gift, unknown.
Lip Color: Maybelline Color Sensational High Shine Lip Gloss in "Captivating Coral"
Weather: High 93ºF; Low 73ºF. Balmy, hot, sunny, and beautiful.

Yesterday we hosted model interviews for the store for our upcoming campaigns. I wanted what I wore to say to the girls coming in for auditions that this is serious work and I'm a serious businesswoman. (It's hard to do when you're just starting and working with non-agency models because everyone is a skeptic!) Pretty sure I accomplished that by toning the green down with white, beige, and hints of gold; and being absolutely prepared for the meeting.

The only thing that would have made this look better would have been if there was any evidence whatsoever that I bothered curling my hair that morning, any evidence at all. Two minutes outside in this Louisiana humidity and my curls vanished from the scene. I laugh at you Garnier Fructis Anti-humidity Hairspray...you failed me and horrendously so. Instead of lovely cascading curls I had big straight hair (funny it looks shorter in these pictures than it seems in my mind) which is just as well because tomorrow I will be back in buns and sweats cozied up in the studio going over my notes from the interviews. 

Hoping you're having a beautiful Friday and wishing you a beautiful weekend, until next time,

claire lynette

2 comments: