Search Truly Claire

Monday, September 2, 2013

Wear to Brunch: Playing in Hibiscus

Monday, September 2, 2013
Crispin, "I will photo bomb you and there is NOTHING you can do about it."





Blouse, Old Navy; Pants, made by yours truly; Wedges, Paprika "Garzon" Wedges; Coin Necklace, flea market; Plate Necklace, Liz Claiborne; Earrings, Target (from long ago)
Lip Gloss: NYC Big Bold Gloss in "Extra Large Latte"
Today's Weather: High 93º; Low 73ºF. Sunny, bright, beautiful, and hot!

Yesterday, I wore this outfit to a lovely brunch in honor of my Uncle's birthday. Naturally, I try to wear something that feels as close to pajamas as I possibly can because all I want to do on a lazy Sunday morning is crawl back in bed. Unless, of course, there are Belgian waffles promised, then I'll get right up. Threw on these ultra comfy floral print pants and a simple blouse and BAM! Outfit that feels like pajamas. Braided my hair because I didn't feel like combing it, add some earrings so they distract from my puffy sleepy eyes, swipe on the nearest lip gloss and BAM! Brunch ready. This is one of my "pre-picked" outifts in my closet; something that I know will work no matter if I'm feeling, fat, ugly, frumy, gross, weird, or whatever. I put it on and I can dig just about anything because I didn't have to think about what in the hey-ho I was going to wear = less stress.

---

My schedule has been so hectic lately that I haven't had time to sit down to create very much and that was driving me as nutty as an Almond Joy candy bar. However, I'm armed with a brand new schedule to keep me focused and it includes designing, pattern making and sewing time albeit for small projects, but I'll take what I can get. Why am I so busy? I opened an online clothing store. --- OH YES I DID! I'm tickled pink. You can visit it here: Thorn & Laurel. I'll gush more about it later but to say that I'm over the moon excited about the possibilities being my own boss and running a store can bring is an understatement at best.

About the pants: For those sewing/fashion/construction nerds like me I will definitely have a post all about the process of how I made these pants (from sketch, to pattern, to final product) but in summation: I've had this fabric for about four years and it was intended to be a lot of different things that I eventually lost enthusiasm for. I can always use more pants and so here we are. Technically this is not garment fabric as it is made for quilting, but it works for these casual and easy summer pants and I wanted flower pants damn it. I lowered the pockets "just to see" what it'd be like; it's odd but is nice with my frame. I'll get all technical later.

I hope you're living out the last few weeks of summer to the max and that there is great peace and joy coming your way.

Until next time,

claire lynette

No comments:

Post a Comment