Search Truly Claire

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Simple Beaded Necklace and Bracelet

Thursday, October 3, 2013
black and smoke beaded necklace-bracelet

This is the necklace and bracelet I made that I mentioned buying supplies for in the last post. The necklace is very simple construction: tie a knot to a closure, tie a knot around the fist bead, string the beads, tie a knot around the last closure, snip the excess cord, and ta-da! The bracelet is even simpler: beads strung on a stretch jewelry cord to the desired length, knotted three times, cut the excess cord, tuck the knot inside a bead and ta-da! My mother liked my necklace so much she asked me to make another one in a 20" length for her.

For supplies and pattern info follow the link below.

I hope your October is getting off to a lovely start and that your week is going well. Until next time,

claire lynette


NECKLACE
Supplies for a 34" necklace:
218 seed beads in jet
36 mini bicone glass bead in smoke
9 large faceted oval jet beads
1 metal round clasp and closure
39" nylon monofilament

Necklace Pattern:
20 jet seed beads, 1 smoke bicone, 1 jet seed bead, 1 smoke bicone, 1 large facet oval, 1 smoke bicone, 1 jet seed bead, 1 smoke bicone | repeat entire sequence 9x then finishing with the last 20 jet seed beads


BRACELET
Supplies for 7" bracelet:
20 seed beads in jet
16 mini bicone glass beads in smoke
4 large faceted oval jet beads
12" stretch magic jewelry cord in .5 mm diameter

Bracelet Pattern:
1 smoke bicone, 1 jet seed bead, 1 smoke bicone, 3 jet seed beads, 1 smoke bicone, 1 jet seed bead, 1 smoke bicone, 1 large faceted oval | repeat entire sequence 4x

The products I used all came from Joann Fabric and Craft Store. The sizes were not given for any of the beads however the exact products I used were:
Stretch Magic .5 mm  clear jewelry cord
You can find similar products to these at just about any decently appointed craft store. I have enough supplies left over to make a few more trinkets and when I do I'll share those with you too!





No comments:

Post a Comment