Search Truly Claire

Monday, December 9, 2013

Finished Project | Lingerie Bag

Monday, December 9, 2013
DIY lingerie bag


lingerie bag tassels


lingerie bag lace

Materials: polyester taffeta, upholstery rope cord, tassels, polyester wrapped cotton thread, polyester lace trim

There are more pre-wedding customs these days than I ever knew about. One in particular: the lingerie shower. Is this a new thing? As in the last 15 years new? I have no idea but it is a cute idea. Kind of a mix between a bachelorette party and a bridal shower. Perhaps that's how they were born. At any rate since I can ill afford to buy nice lingerie for anyone including myself, I thought the next best thing was to make something. I decided a lingerie bag would fit the bill. I could have have used materials I already had on hand but that would just go against my nature. Essentially, I felt nothing I had in my stash was quite right at least not for this bride. It went over well at the party and all of the ladies in attendance encouraged me to make more to sell online. I'm considering the idea.

Construction is simple and I can make a tutorial for you if you'd like. Just leave a note down in the comment section and I'll start on it right away. It is patternless and an easy 2-hour project for someone with basic sewing skills. The material I chose makes it an easy care bag. All it ever needs is spot cleaning.

Wishing you a beautiful start to your week.

Until next time,

claire lynette

No comments:

Post a Comment