Search Truly Claire

Saturday, January 21, 2012

January 2012 Project Ideas

Saturday, January 21, 2012
I mentioned in my last post that I created a project schedule for this month and luckily I've been sticking to it, granted it's only been just under two weeks but I will take my little victories where I can get them. I wanted to introduce some of the items on the list to you, but since they aren't created yet you'll just have to suffer through my quick sketches.

First up: B-day Pants
Next: Mardi Gras Mask Centerpiece or just masks if I become truly indecisive

And finally my most ambitious project yet: a room redesign, technically a mood board as I haven't sketched my vision yet


Now I made headway on my pants sewing not one, not two, not three, but four samples. Yes folks count them four! I've almost got the fit to my excruciatingly improbable to achieve standards but alas, if I don't find a fabric worth making them in this weekend I'm going to have to scrap my plans for having crisp white pants in time for my birthday, happening next Saturday.

I'll be working on my Mardi Gras masks tonight as any good Louisiana girl would do to celebrate the season. I haven't quite figured out how to put together the centerpiece so all you've got right now is a mask idea. Those would be stars around the eyes...I'm such a lazy sketcher... I'll be tinkering with it all weekend while I am preparing...

For the final designs for my room the only thing I'm dead set on is that Pottery Barn duvet cover in the bed picture on the left and the room feeling like a cloud. I probably won't end up with that particular cover because I can't justify spending over a hundred dollars on what essentially is a pillow case for my comforter, but I am hella tempted. Also, I'll be tackling my closet and building a custom system for it; my shoes will be so happy. That part of the project is turning into a project in its own right, but I think it can be achieved in the four days I've set aside for it.

I'll be updating you on my progress all next week so stay tuned folks!

claire lynette

No comments:

Post a Comment