Search Truly Claire

Friday, February 3, 2012

Casual Friday

Friday, February 3, 2012




Shrug, Newport-News; T-shirt, very old from when I was about 11 years old; Skirt, unknown; Leggings and Earrings, Forever21; Necklace, thrifted; Bag, Urban Outfitters; Boots, "Banddit" Steve Madden

Today's Weather: High, 75; Low 63 degrees Fahrenheit. Balmy and cloudy.

Today was my first day to really relax and I didn't bother with trying to be cute or too picky. It felt like the perfect day to wear my new boots, a birthday gift from my mother, and throw my hair in a very rarely worn ponytail. I pulled out a t-shirt that's about a thousand years old that shows the signs of being very well loved. I'm kind of proud of that tear in the shoulder. I won it from some class competition in elementary school. It reads "Teachers are E.T Extra-Terrific".

The insanity of the last two weeks has not been lost on me by any means. I was all consumed with finishing up my January projects that by the time my birthday rolled around on the 28th of last month I was too tired and too worn out to really enjoy myself the way I would have liked; though it was a very good birthday filled with family and friends.

So, what are my projects looking like you ask? 

1. My pants did not materialize because I couldn't find anything suitable to make them with that would be worth bulldozing through the fitting process. So my goal for February is to finish fitting the pattern so that when I do find that elusive perfect fabric I can sew to my little heart's content.

2. The Mardi Gras masks were put on the back burner, but I've resumed working on them today. Three cute little masks getting ready to be decorated. I can't wait to share them with you later this week; perhaps a tutorial is in the works?
3. Finally my room redesign kind of consumed my every waking moment. I think I was covered in paint and dust for four days. My closet rebuild is almost finished. A project that was scheduled to take only four days is taking nearly two weeks, but it's so worth the time because it's looking wonderful. The downside is I've been picking over my clothes laid out all over my guest room and it's causing me stress because I can't easily find what I want to wear. I took a lot of pictures of the process and you'll see first hand what I'm talking about tomorrow. 

All for now folks,

claire lynette



No comments:

Post a Comment