Search Truly Claire

Friday, March 8, 2013

Break It Up

Friday, March 8, 2013








Vest, Charlotte-Russe; Skirt, Hot & Delicious;  Sweater and Tights, Mossimo at Target; Handbag, Express; Earrings and Bracelet, Forever21; Necklace, Wasteland, shopwasteland.com; Boots, Steve Madden
Today's Weather: High 71º, Low 50º F. Sunny ad breezy.

It's hard dressing between seasons since the temperature fluctuates so wildly in a single day. I was heading to an early morning appointment today and it was just cold enough to cover bare legs though by the time I got back home later that morning I was ready to rip my tights off. Oh Spring can you please hurry up?

It was more black and white today. The ultimate contrasting color combo is so refreshing sometimes since it so easily helps break up the monotony. My wardrobe is in my opinion the definition of monotony. Last year I decided I was only going to keep and wear the clothes I truly love and donate the rest to charity. I ended up getting rid of a lot of clothes, shoes, handbags, scarves, ties, etc. perhaps more than half my closet. I've yet to replace many of the clothes mainly because one: I don't have that kind of cash to drop on filling out my wardrobe, and two: I'm now highly selective about what makes it in; regardless of price I have to love it. So the challenge becomes thinking up interesting combinations I've never tried before to keep from getting bored with the same old same old (despite how much I like my clothes) while I slowly build out my closet. This often includes stepping out of my comfort zone and finding ways to make things seem new. I found framing color in black and white does that, but how long will this trick work for me? Time will tell.

See you next week,

claire lynette



No comments:

Post a Comment