Search Truly Claire

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

A Little Makeover

Wednesday, November 6, 2013
Style Method  is now Truly Claire
you can still access the site using the old address: http://clairelynette-stylemethod.blogspot.com or
use http://www.trulyclaire.com

Like the new blog design? I hope you do! Designing it took very little time at all; however implementing it on Blogger's fickle platform and fiddling with Internet Explorer's odd and unnecessary parameters provided more than a few headaches. There are still some issues with browser resizing but most screens should view it just fine and on all (as far as I know) modern browsers.

BEFORE
FIRST MOCK UP DESIGN

I illustrated the layout in Inkscape and put everything together over a period of two weeks. (Shout out to W3Schools and Web Designer Wall for their tutorials.) It shouldn't have taken more than a day to create the markup, but I learned after several days frustration and lost edits that Blogger's HTML editor doesn't like to save changes in Firefox so I had to switch to Internet Explorer; and Blogger templates (at least the one I modified) use Internet Explorer display parameters from version 7 of the browser which won't display any HTML5 markup thus making the page thoroughly unusable. I figured this out just yesterday and made an easy change.

There are few other changes I plan to make for later but they aren't integral to the layout of the site and I decided I could take my time coding them so I can get them just right for use on the Blogger platform. You may also notice in the markup I have links for Facebook and YouTube...those are coming soon. Yes a YouTube Channel! Exciting!

Let me know what you think of the makeover in the comments!

Until next time,

claire lynette

No comments:

Post a Comment