Search Truly Claire

Monday, October 7, 2013

Simple Protective Hair Style: Cross Front French Braids

Monday, October 7, 2013
These next few weeks I'm wearing what I like to call short term protective hair styles: styles that can be worn at least through two to three nights at a time and still look halfway decent. The goal is keep my hands out of my hair and my hair out of my way for a good while. This is the second of those styles the first you can see here which is just this style in reverse.

Protective Style French Braid Cross


Protective Style French Braids


Simple French Braid Protective Style

Blouse, Bella Tees; Necklace, made by me
Difficulty: Easy
Durability: at least two nights or three days
Time: approx. 10 min
Supplies: bobby pins, smoothing hair cream or wax

Admittedly I forgot to take a picture of the back as this was intended to be an outfit post and I rarely take pictures from the back. This was shot a few days after I braided my hair so it's a bit frizzy since I didn't use the smoothing wax or cream in the beginning. The hair is parted down the center with the braids being frenched towards the front on each side and kept loose (unattached) starting at the ears. Each braid is crossed in the front to the other side and pinned in place with a bobby pin. I arranged mine so they wouldn't lie flat and stood up a bit kind of like a tiara. I was able to wear this style for four nights or five days, only rebraiding the front loose sections once after the second night.

I have a new protective style in now and will share the process of that one with you once I wear it out. It involves all kinds of twists.

Wishing you a beautiful start to your new week,

claire lynette

P.S
How do you like the larger picture size? Groovy, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment